Friday, November 18, 2011

Make Time for Guilty Pleasures

I have to make time in my life for something silly that I personally enjoy that I can admit may never add value to my life on a whole.  For me, that is "Real Housewives of..."  I love these series and shows.  I am a junkie when it comes them, but I admit that there is really very little educational value or life perspective that these shows give me.  I think they are fun to watch and gives me a perspective of other people's drama - mostly brought upon themselves.  However, there needs to be time in your life where you can say this little bit of time doesn't actually have a purpose other just make me smile or happy momentarily.


For some people, this might be a remote control helicopters, sports, sewing, reading or eating chocolate every so often.  This can range from anything because we are all so vastly different.  However, you cannot work or be thinking about planning your future 24/7.  Eventually, you will get burnt out & if that happens, then you will lose focus on everything you have worked for to date.  So whatever your guilty-pleasure, it should be something completely unjustified.  It should not occupy a lot of your time, but when you do it, you should feel like you don't have to explain to anyone why you are doing it, other then to release stress & leave your current responsibilities if only for a short period of time.

So indulge a few times a week into something silly.  For me, it's "Real Housewives of..." but it can be anything.  I love spending time with my kids too, but I don't think of that as something frivilous - that has long, lasting affects for everyone involved, so I do that as much as possible.  My only rule is that this frivilous window of time should NOT involve too much money.  Afterall, our goal is to get out of debt so we don't want to lose sight of our goals.  However, not everything single thing in your life has to have a specific need or meaning....so what is your guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment