Monday, January 16, 2012

Facing the Truth

My posts have become somewhat sporatic because I'm trying to focus on paying off my debt and finding alternative ways of additional income.  However, it still feels overwhelming and I still sometimes want to forget that I have all this debt looming over my head.  A couple weekends ago, I was really upset because some family members asked if I wanted to bring my kids to the local aquarium.  I would have loved to go but it would have cost about $100 by the time I paid for the all the entrance fees, parking, tolls and gas that involved this day-trip.  I told the family members no, but looked online to see if there was some way I could find coupons or discounts that would allow me to bring my kids.  I didn't have any luck. 

However, I know that I'm responsibly making the right decision because my kids didn't know about it so they weren't upset about going.  I just felt a lot of guilt about not being able to bring them so they could spend the time with family.  It was very upsetting to me and still is a little bit.  I know that as a parent, this is one of many tough decisions I will need to make.  I guess it feels more upsetting because another family member who went is in a much worse financial situation then me and she seems to make every family function no matter what the cost or how often it occurs.  I don't want to compare my situation to someone else's but it's hitting me in the face that either this family member has someone else pay for their family constantly or uses money that should otherwise be going towards bills. 

So, I'm writing this post because I want to put myself back on track & do the right thing no matter how hard the decisions actually are.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that hard work always pays off, but it's never the easy road.  Right now I don't see what the outcome will be, but there will be a time when I look back in my past, and see that there was a greater goal than I could imagine for myself.  I believe that the energy that is put into the world is the same energy that is received back from the world.  Therefore, I'm going to put my best foot forward and work my hardest even when I don't think I have anything left to put out.  Eventually, all the fruits of my labor will be revealed.  I hope you agree with me.  Feel free to post your opinions or suggestions.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment